The Lakeside Concert Series continues Thursday at Winged Deer Park with Holly Ann & Dirt Road Rising. Their song “When You Reach for Me” was a finalist in the 2020 World Songwriting Awards “Best Modern Country Song” category.
The free concert will be held at the park’s Lakefront Festival Plaza Goulding Amphitheater.
Holly Ann & Dirt Road Rising’s roots are in Mountain City, and the members are from different areas of East Tennessee. Band members say music speaks to each of them in different ways, and each unique relationship between them brings a different dynamic creating a fun, harmonic, upbeat sound that the band strives to bring to each show.
If you go
The Lakeside Concert Series offers a mix of the area’s top talent at a venue known for its friendly and welcoming atmosphere. Attendees are encouraged to bring blankets or folding chairs. The location provides easy access, free parking, concessions, a playground and plenty of room for social distance.
The concerts will be held 7-9 p.m. each Thursday through July 29 at Winged Deer Park’s Goulding Amphitheatre, 199 Carroll Creek Road. There are two exceptions this year. The Johnson City Symphony Orchestra will perform at 6 p.m. on Sunday, June 27 at the Winged Deer Park Festival Plaza, and there will be no concert on Thursday, July 1.
This year’s concert schedule
· Thursday, June 10 — Holly Ann & Dirt Road Rising
· Thursday, June 17 — Kids Our Age
· Thursday, June 24 — Samantha Gray Band
· Sunday, June 27 — Johnson City Symphony Orchestra
· Thursday, July 1 — NO CONCERT
· Thursday, July 8 — CrossRoad Band
· Thursday, July 15 — Beach Nite Band
· Thursday, July 22 — Southern Rebellion
· Thursday, July 29 — Good Rockin’ Tonight
For more information call 423-283-5827.