Northeast Tennessee reported four new COVID-19-related deaths and 128 new cases Saturday in information from the Tennessee Department of Health.
Three of the four deaths were in Washington County. The fatalities raised the eight-county region’s novel coronavirus death toll to 980.
• Four new deaths and 128 new cases for the eight-county region.
• New deaths by county: three in Washington; and one in Greene.
• New cases by county: 47 in Sullivan; 23 in Hawkins; 22 in Washington; 18 in Greene; 13 in Carter; three in Unicoi; one in Hancock; and one in Johnson.
• Active cases by county: 358 in Sullivan; 228 in Washington; 181 in Hawkins; 129 in Greene; 110 in Carter; 48 in Unicoi; 13 in Johnson; and nine in Hancock.
• Statewide: 9.16% of the 10,942 new test results reported statewide Saturday by the Tennessee Department of Health.
• Ballad Health: As of Friday, 14.0% over the prior seven days for the health system’s 21-county service area in Northeast Tennessee and Southwest Virginia.
• 51 new deaths and 1,335 new cases.
• Pandemic totals are 11,115 deaths and 764,008 cases.
• 736,300 (96%) of those cases were listed as “inactive/recovered.”
• New deaths by age: 22 in the 81+ group; 19 in the 71-80 group; six in the 61-70 group; three in the 51-60 group; and one in the 41-50 group.