ATLANTA, Sept. 1, 2021 /PRNewswire/ -- The Pediatric Brain Tumor Foundation's #GoHead2Head Challenge kicks off Sept. 1, with more than 100 partners joining the largest patient advocacy funder of pediatric brain tumor research in the fight to #CancelChildhoodCancer.
Throughout Childhood Cancer Awareness Month, patient families, brands, and individuals, including leaders from the professional baseball, gaming, and comedy communities, will #GoHead2Head with pediatric brain tumors. Thanks to a special challenge match from The Sontag Foundation, PBTF supporters will have an opportunity to unlock an additional $50,000 for the most promising pediatric-first research and family support programs taking kids' brain cancer head-on.
"Pediatric brain tumors are a growing crisis for American families, with the incidence rate for the deadliest childhood cancer rising more each year," says Courtney Davies, PBTF President and CEO, referencing a recent report in American Cancer Society's CA: A Cancer Journal for Clinicians. "To stop this problem in its tracks and find a solution -- a cure -- for the children and teens battling this disease, support must grow. We are grateful for the dedication and enthusiasm of our Childhood Cancer Awareness Month partners, and we encourage others to join us in taking the #GoHead2Head Challenge. Together, we can build a world without childhood brain tumors -- a world that children deserve."
#GoHead2Head Challenge Line-Up
The following partners will channel their competitive spirit and #GoHead2Head during Childhood Cancer Awareness Month to see who can raise the most funds, with new or increased donations to the #GoHead2Head Challenge and PBTF GameON #GoHead2Head Challenge unlocking the $50,000 challenge match:
- PBTF Family Week (Sept. 2-8): Childhood Cancer Awareness Month begins with a focus on the children, survivors, and families PBTF serves. Five-year-old Tyler and 12-year-old Bowen have already shown how fierce they are as they take on their own brain tumor diagnosis. Now, they bravely #GoHead2Head for all children battling brain cancer. Help these families start September strong by donating and sharing their stories. If you'd like to join them in fundraising, our Childhood Cancer Awareness Month toolkit has everything you need.
- Brand Partner Week (Sept. 9-15): Satisfy your sweet tooth and show your true colors for Childhood Cancer Awareness Month during Week 2 of the #GoHead2Head Challenge. Purchase a selection of PBTF candies from S.O.S Candy or shop gold and gray, the colors of childhood cancer and brain tumor awareness, with MyCause Brand, and a portion of your purchase will go to PBTF's mission. Donated proceeds will count towards unlocking the challenge match, making this a deal too sweet to pass up!
- PBTF GameON #GoHead2Head (Sept. 16-26): More than 100 Facebook Gaming and Twitch livestreamers are teaming up for the 10-day PBTF GameON #GoHead2Head Challenge, including content creators Starbeast, GGFyre, CupC4ke, JudgeDrudge, YK, PrestigeWorldWide, IGotPuppies, Ninja614, IanDavis, job_for_a_Cody and cloutedmel. Fans can also get their hands on Empire Jerky's #GoHead2Head charity edition jerky, with $2 from every bag helping PBTF GameON break last September's fundraising record.
- The Chris and Paul Show (Sept. 23-30): International comedy winners and finalists on NBC's "Bring the Funny", The Chris and Paul Show will close out Childhood Cancer Awareness Month with a week-long grand finale. Known for their sketch comedy and signature surprise endings, the New York-based duo of Chris O'Neill and Paul Valenti will #GoHead2Head for the most laughs and most dollars raised.
Additionally, MLB and MiLB pitchers and powersports industry leaders American Honda and the Comoto Family of Brands are leading special activations to rally their communities:
- Vs. Cancer #GoHead2Head to #CancelChildhoodCancer: Major and minor league pitchers from teams across the nation, including the Baltimore Orioles, Washington Nationals, Texas Rangers and Los Angeles Angels, take the mound to strike out childhood cancer. Choose your favorite player from the Vs. Cancer #GoHead2Head line-up and pledge a donation for every strikeout thrown in September: Matt Harvey, Christian Roa, JP Feyereisen, Brandon Withers, Nick Robertson, Kyle Finnegan, A.J. Minter, Will Gaddis, Andrew Wantz, Chris Mazza, Brian Moran, Kaleb Ort, Kyle Hart, Kyle Keller, Spencer Patton, and Tyler Wells. Fans can also make a flat donation.
- American Honda and Comoto Family of Brands Gear Up for National Ride for Kids Day:
Join PBTF and the powersports community for National Ride for Kids Day on Sept. 12. This year, American Honda will mark its 30th anniversary as national presenting sponsor with an Iconic Motorbikes auction of three rare Honda CBR1000RR Repsol Edition motorcycles. Additionally, the Comoto Family of Brands, America's largest and fastest growing omni-channel platform in the powersports aftermarket-products industry, will host their largest "shop to support" campaign on National Ride for Kids Day as part of their Ride. Donate. Shop. partnership with PBTF. Shop Cycle Gear, J&P Cycles, and RevZilla (online and in-store) on Sept. 12, and 10% of all purchases will be donated to PBTF.
There's just one more VIP supporter we're missing this Childhood Cancer Awareness Month: YOU! Visit curethekids.org/gohead2head to donate or start a fundraiser and take home the win for children with brain tumors.
About the Pediatric Brain Tumor Foundation
Every day, 13 children and teens are diagnosed with a brain tumor, the deadliest and most common form of cancer in kids under 15. Every day after, they are in a fight for their life. It's a fight the Pediatric Brain Tumor Foundation is here to help families win. A leader in the brain tumor and childhood cancer communities, PBTF's mission of Care. Cure. Thrive. reflects its commitment to curing all pediatric brain tumors and transforming how children and their families are cared for. Since 1991, PBTF has provided strategic leadership and funding to accelerate the number of targeted therapies for children battling brain tumors today, while equipping families with the patient-family education, financial relief, and emotional support they need to navigate their child's journey. A world without childhood brain tumors is possible when we work together to put kids first. Learn more at www.curethekids.org.
View original content to download multimedia:https://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/more-than-100-partners-join-the-pediatric-brain-tumor-foundations-gohead2head-challenge-to-cancelchildhoodcancer-301367599.html
SOURCE Pediatric Brain Tumor Foundation