The Junior League of Johnson City is proud to announce its Board of Directors for the 2015-16 year.
The league is a volunteer, nonprofit women’s organization that has been serving the Johnson City area since 1947.
The organization is committed to promoting voluntarism, developing the potential of women and improving the community through the effective action and leadership of trained volunteers.
Some of the league’s past partners include the Johnson City Public Library, Hands On! Museum, the Children’s Advocacy Center, Watauga Mental Health and Willow Springs Park, in the creation of Johnson’s Depot.
The board includes:
• President: Elizabeth Williams.
• President-Elect: Ginny Wright.
• Secretary: Jennifer Clements.
• Treasurer: Kim Young.
• Assistant Treasurer: Caroline Rush.
• Community Impact Director: Marie Johnson.
• Communications Director: Kelli Heins.
• Fund Development Directors: Joy Fulkerson & Ginny Wright.
• Membership Director: Emmalea Johnston.
• Nominating, Placement Chairwoman: Michele Williams.
• Parliamentarian: Rhiannon Dunn.
• Sustaining Advisor to the Board: Kathy Calhoun.
“As President of the Junior League of Johnson City, I am excited to welcome the 2015-2016 Board of Directors and am honored to be a part of this amazing group of women,” group president Elizabeth Williams said.
“Each board member brings a fresh perspective and unique experiences to the table, resulting in acohesive movement as we connect, plan and execute projects throughout Johnson City.”
“Each board member has elected to donate her time, energy and resources to making the Junior League of Johnson City a catalyst for positive change within our community, and I could not be more grateful,” Williams said.
For more information about the league, email firstname.lastname@example.org.