• DNA leads to sexual assault arrest: A DNA sample led Washington County Sheriff’s Deputies on Thursday to arrest a man wanted for a 2015 sexual battery charge in Florida.
Jerry Shane Lassiter, 24, 146 Hideaway Hills Road, Apt. 7, was wanted by the Santa Rosa County, Florida, Sheriff’s Office for an alleged sexual assault that occurred in June 2015. Local investigators arrested him at Hideaway Hills after being notified of the warrant by Santa Rosa County authorities.
He faces one count of being a fugitive from justice with extradition pending. In July, a Washington County judge issued search warrant to obtain Lassiter’s DNA sample for the Florida case.
The sample was sent to a forensic lab and evidence found in Florida matched Lassiter’s DNA. He was held without bond in the Washington County Detention Center.
• Pushed from a moving vehicle: Police said a man pushed a woman out of a moving vehicle Tuesday in north Johnson City, resulting in his arrest Thursday.
Glenn K. Fitzgerald, 43, 1127 E. Main St., Apt. 1, was charged with aggravated domestic assault. About 6:50 p.m., police were called to the intersection of West Oakland Avenue and North Roan Street, where the woman reported that she her boyfriend, Fitzgerald, had struck her multiple times with his fist prior to pushing her out.
She told police she had tried to get out of the vehicle when it stopped, but Fitzgerald continued to assault her. She stated that he pushed her from the vehicle while traveling on North Roan. Police obtained a warrant for Fitzgerald and found him at his home Thursday.
He was jailed in the Detention Center under $50,000 bond awaiting a Sessions Court appearance set for Friday.
• Glass plate assault: A woman told police a man struck her head with a glass plate Thursday. Kenneth Miller, 30, 604 Pardee St., was charged with domestic aggravated assault. About 8:45 a.m., police were called to Miller’s residence, where the woman reported the alleged assault. Miller was jailed in the Detention Center under $2,500 bond awaiting a Sessions Court appearance set for Friday.
Self-defense clubbing: A victim used a golf club in self-defense against a knife attack Tuesday, Johnson City police said in a news release.
The attack resulted in the arrest of Daniel A. Brent, 28, 114 Victory Lane, who was charged with aggravated domestic assault. About 9:40 p.m., police went to the victim’s home, where they learned the two had argued before Brent took the victim’s phone, grabbed a knife and threatened the victim.
The victim was able take the knife from Brent and struck Brent with the golf club. The victim was able to get away from Brent and call 911. Brent was jailed in the Detention Center under $25,000 bond and arraigned Thursday.
• Crash, 4th DUI: A Tuesday crash at North State of Franklin Road and West Oakland Avenue led Johnson City police to arrest a Jonesborough woman on charges including her fourth DUI.
Brittney Lacy, 30, 213 Longview Ave., also was charged with leaving the scene of an accident, violation of driver’s license restrictions, following too closely and simple possession. The crash was reported about 4 p.m., and one of the drivers involved reported that a gray vehicle had just left the scene.
Police stopped it a short distance from the crash site. Police also found 0.92 grams of marijuana inside the middle console. Lacy was arraigned Wednesday.
• Van theft at motel: An Elizabethton man was charged Monday with stealing a van from a local motel back in July.
Johnson City police charged Christopher Milhorn, 35, 161 Earl Ave., with auto theft over $10,000. Police said a 2015 Kia Sedona van was stolen from Econo Lodge, 207 E. Mountcastle Drive, on July 12.
A man had come in from out of town and met with Milhorn, who was a childhood friend of the man’s wife. Milhorn allegedly took the van after they fell asleep. Milhorn was held in the Detention Center under $5,000 bond and arraigned Tuesday.
• Auto burglary: Police said a man stole from a parked car Nov. 12 while the victim was attending a church meeting in downtown Johnson City, resulting in his arrest Dec. 12.
Christopher Lee Michaels, 30, 1112 King Springs Road, was charged with auto burglary and theft under $1,000. The burglary took place outside First Presbyterian Church, 105 S. Boone St. Michaelswas held in the Detention Center under $5,000 bond and arraigned Dec. 13.
• Wanted in Texas: A man wanted in Houston, Texas, was arrested Dec. 11 in Johnson City. Glenn Solomon Jr., 41, 1309 Lynnwood Drive, was charged as a fugitive from justice.
The Harris County Sherriff’s Office in Houston contacted the Johnson City Police Department with information that Solomon was living at the Lynwood residence. He was held in the Detention Center pending a hearing Dec. 12.
• Nurse’s debit/credit cards stolen: Johnson City police said a woman stole a nurse’s credit and debit cards from a local clinic before racking up $1,800 in charges, resulting in her arrest Dec. 6.
Anna Greene, 24, 206 Edna Court, was charged with two counts of theft under $1,000 and fraudulent use of a credit/debit card over $1,000. Greene was held in the Detention Center under $5,000 bond. A Sessions Court date was set for Jan. 9.