The first of the Covered Bridge Jams will be held Saturday at 7 p.m. when Downtown Country takes the Covered Bridge Stage for a two-hour show.
The free shows will be presented every Saturday night at Covered Bridge Park from now until September and feature a wide variety of musical groups in various genres, including country, bluegrass, gospel, classic rock, and other types.
Last year, hundreds of people came out to take part in the Elizabethton Parks and Recreation Department-sponsored events while enjoying the beautiful surroundings, that include the Doe River and the 19th century Covered Bridge. The park and stage are just a few steps away from downtown, which will once again present a pleasant diversion before the start of the concert with the weekly Cruise-In on Elk Avenue.
There will be even more shops open downtown this year, with more restaurants, including Big Dan’s Barbecue, and Riverfront Taphouse and Beer Garden.
The complete schedule for the Covered Bridge Jams is:
• June 1: Downtown Country.
• June 8: Stem Winder.
• June 15: Covered Bridge Celebration.
• June 22: Shooter Band.
• June 29: Sacred Harmony.
• July 6: Victor Lawson ’n’ Boogie Chillen w/Catfish Frye.
• July 13: Hollow Ground.
• July 20: Bullseye Band.
• July 27: Hunter First Baptist Praise Band.
• Aug. 3: Carson Peters & Iron Mountain.
• Aug. 10: Lauren Cole Band.
• Aug. 17: First Baptist.
• Aug. 24: Tennessee Champagne.
• Sept. 21: Sacred Journey.