2. Adopt a tree: Beginning at 10 a.m., help plant trees at Warriors Path State Park on Saturday to provide home for wildlife, more fresh air and help improve the park for future visitors. Park staff will provide tools for digging and planting tree in the park and for every seed you plant, take on home to plant. The group will meet in the pool parking lot and the even will last until noon. Supplies are limited. Warrior’s Path State Park is located at 490 Hemlock Rd., in Kingsport.
3. Try a new beverage: Pop on down to the Johnson City Brewing Co. on Friday starting at 4 p.m. and to try the community-centered brewery’s newest release. According to their facebook page, The Suite 104, Tropical Blonde Ale is an homage to their original location inside the King Building in downtown Johnson City in suite 104. The beer is made using pureed pineapple, passionfruit and guava. The tap room is located at 257 East Main St. and is open until 10 p.m.
4. Laugh until cider comes out of your nose: The Happy Apple Comedy Showcase will return to Gypsy Circus Cider Co. Saturday at 7:30 p.m. Hosted by Beth Tompkins, the lineup of comedians includes Morgan Gray, Shane Rhyne, Lance Adams, and David Habel. Audience members are encouraged to show up early to claim their space in the tap room. The event is presented by True Grit Comedy, Safekicker MEdia Group, and Gypsy Circus.
5. Welcome to the jungle: Sweet Child O’ Mine come down and pay tribute to one of the greatest rock bands in history at Wild Wing Cafe Friday night. Starting at 10 p.m. It’s So Easy, a Guns and Roses tribute band will welcome you to the jungle at 71 Wilson Ave. in Johnson City. There is no cover.
6. Experience music at the Willow Tree: Take a part in a musical experience as Virginia Ground and Kirk Fleta Band take to the stage Friday night at the Willow Tree Coffeehouse. Music kicks off at 8 p.m. and there is a $10 cover. The venue is located at 216 E Main St. in downtown Johnson City.
7. Shhhhhh…. Tonight, quiet your voice and put on your listening cap. Appalachia Arcana the podcast will be doing a live recording of their show at Elderbrew at 24 6th Street in Bristol, Tennessee. The recording of the podcast detailing stories of strange and unusual happenings from Appalachia starts at 8 p.m. tonight.
8. Grow your gardening skills: In an interactive two-part workshop at The Exchange Place in Kingsport, learn all about growing and using herbs. This Create-a-Stir event will be guided by who local experts in gardening, Christy Shivell of Shy Valley Native Habitat Herbary and Nursery and Michelle Bouton, owner and founder or Appalachian Acupuncture and HERBalachia. Tickets are $25 or $20 for students. Get your tickets for the Sunday event that starts at 1 p.m. on the Create-a-Stir at Exchange Place: It’s About Herbs! Facebook page.
9. Music jam: Join other bluegrass music enthusiasts on Sunday at 1:30 p.m. as Sycamore Shoals State Historic SIte in Elizabethton hosts an Old Time Music Jam. Old time musicians of all levels are welcome to come jam with the group. For those who don’t play an instrument, come and listen. Sycamore Shoals State Historic Site is located at 1651 West Elk Ave. in Elizabethton.
10. Get Jazzy with it: Tonight, make your way to Wellington's to enjoy some jazz music. The ETSU Jazz Combo will be playing in the Wellington’s Restaurant at 1216 West State of Franklin Rd. in Johnson City. The combo is directed by Martin Walters.