1. The ETSU Bluegrass, Old Time, and Country Music Studies program is hosting a free mountain square dance at The Down Home, 300 W. Main St., Tuesday from 7-9 p.m. No experience required.
2. Delight your taste buds at JRH Brewing, 458 W. Walnut St., on Friday with four specialty Buttermilk Sky Pies, each expertly paired with a different JRH brew. Participation is $20 per person and the tasting begins at 6:30 p.m.
1. Enjoy cinema under the stars at Bays Mountain Park and Planetarium, 853 Bays Mountain Park Road, this weekend with a screening of Beetlejuice (PG). Admission is $5 for adults and children 6-up and free for children 5 and younger. Outside food and drinks are not allowed, and concessions will be available for purchase. The movie starts at 8 p.m. on Saturday.
2. Stop by the YMCA, 1840 Meadowview Parkway, for line and ballroom dance with local band Kids Our Age providing the music. The event begins at 6:30 p.m. on Friday. Admission is $7 for ages 13-up.
1. The McKinney Center, 103 Franklin Ave., will be rolling out the red carpet tonight at 8 p.m. for the 5th annual student film festival. McKinney Center students will premiere films centered on historic people that they wrote a storyboard, script and directed themselves. The event is free and open to the public.
2. Local craft vendors will be on display at the Visitors Center, 117 Boone St., throughout the weekend for the annual Made Around Here Market fair. Stop by for a unique gift or a head start to holiday decorating.