For Tricks and Treats:
• Walnut Street is the place to be for Halloween on Wednesday for the 23rd annual Trick or Treat on Walnut Street. Johnson City businesses will be handing out candy from 3:30-5:30 p.m.
• Trick or treat and maybe even get a head start on holiday shopping at The Mall at Johnson City, 2011 N. Roan St., for an event Wednesday from 6-8 p.m.
• Downtown Elizabethton will be hosting a costume contest along with trick or treating from 3-4:30 p.m. on Wednesday. Local businesses, churches and the Elizabethton Recreation Center will be providing the treats.
For Trunks (or Trucks) and Treats:
• Stop by Blountville Middle School, 1651 Blountville Blvd., for the Sullivan County Sheriff’s Office’s annual Trunk or Treat event on Wednesday from 5:30-7:30 p.m.
• Unaka High School,119 Robinson Lane, No. A, Elizabethton: Tuesday, 5-7 p.m.
• Johnson City Medical Center, 400 N. State of Franklin Road: Tuesday, 5-8 p.m.
• Tri-Cities Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram, 869 E Stone Drive, Kingsport: Wednesday, 5-8 p.m.
• Calvary Baptist Church, 225 Holly Lane, Elizabethton: Wednesday, 5-7:30 p.m.
• First Baptist Church of Erwin, 200 Love St., Erwin: Wednesday 6-8 p.m.
• Sulphur Springs Volunteer Fire Department, 1309 Gray Station Sulphur Springs Road, Jonesborough: Wednesday, 6-10 p.m.
• King Springs Baptist Church, 1708 Miami Drive, Johnson City: Wednesday, 6-8 p.m.
• Spiritual Awakenings, 3694 W. Market St., Johnson City: Wednesday, 6-8 p.m.
• Boones Creek Christian Church, 305 Christian Church Road, Johnson City: Wednesday, 6-8 p.m.
• Charity Baptist Church of Blountville, 3020 Highway 126: Wednesday, 7-9 p.m.
For parties, jams and other Halloween happenings:
• JRH Brewing, 458 W. Walnut St., Johnson City: Bring your best goblins or ghouls to JRH tonight for your last chance to donate to the American Cancer Society though the Real Men Wear Pink fundraiser.
Snap a pic in costume at JRH’s taproom and use the hashtag #JRHalloween for a chance to win a cooler full of JRH swag.
• The Down Home, 300 W. Main St., Johnson City: What do you get when you add a costume contest to a country music show? The first annual Spooky Hoot at The Down Home. The free show starts tonight at 8 p.m., and Cryin’ Time will be providing the tunes for the evening.
• O'Mainnin's Pub, 712 State St., Bristol: Join Below 7 at O’Mannin’s on Wednesday starting at 9:30 p.m. A $100 cash prize is waiting for the winner of the costume contest that night, which begins at midnight.
• The Hideaway, 235 E. Main St., Johnson City: Nerve Endings, Yog Sothoth and more are playing on Halloween starting at 9 p.m. The show is 18-up.