1. Lightnin’ Charlie is zapping back to The Down Home, 300 W. Main St., Saturday night from 8-10:30. Tickets to the show are $12.
2. Families are invited to the Johnson City Public Library, 100 W. Millard St., Saturday starting at 10:30 a.m. for a Family Lego Day in the library’s meeting room to build their own unique creations. The event is free and open to the public.
1. Come to Gypsy Circus Cider Company, 2645 Fort Henry Drive, from 4-8 p.m. to see what Gypsy Circus and Johnson City Brewing Company have been brewing for a special collaboration release.
2. School’s back in session, and so are line dancing lessons at CJ’s Sports Bar, 516 G. Morelock St., starting at 6:30 p.m. Lessons are free for dancers 21-up, and karaoke will be sure to follow.
1. For the adventurer, hikers can meet at Elizabethton High School, 907 Jason Witten Way, for an adventure that will take hikers through the Grandfather Ranger District, overlooking Wilson Creek and Grandfather Mountains. The bus to take hikers to the trailhead of the 3-mile hike will depart at 1:15 p.m. from the school.
2. The Shady Oaks Garden Club fall show will take place at Sycamore Shoals State Historic Park, 1651 W. Elk Ave., this weekend to feature artistic flower designs, horticulture specimens, educational exhibits, and botanical art creations. The show runs Friday 1-4 p.m. and Saturday 9 a.m.-4 p.m.