April 19, 1919: The Knights Templar had planned special Easter services at Munsey Memorial Church. Sir Knights were called to assemble at the Asylum, 3rd floor of the Unaka National Bank Building, at 1:30 Sunday afternoon, in full dress uniform, except sword and with white gloves, before marching to the church. The public was invited.
April 19, 1929: The Johnson City Staff-News reported that more than 100 people would be guests of the newspaper at the upcoming circus. Most, if not all of the guests would be members of the “True Romance Club.” Some of the guests included Mr. and Mrs. L.H. Williams, of Route 6; they had been married 46 years. Mr. and Mrs. R.N. Shoun of Division Street would also attend; they had been married for 49 years.
April 19, 1939: The sanitarian of the city-county health unit, Charles Starkey, had recently “cautioned against the use of any type of screen door or window except the 16-mesh type. The health department attaché said that the other screens readily permit entry of both mosquitoes and small flies.”
Apr. 19, 1963: "To Kill A Mockingbird" started a run at the Sevier Theatre on Spring Street in downtown Johnson City.
April 19, 1968: A $1.885 million Economic Development Administration grant paved the way for the Piney Flats Industrial Park, a partnership between the city of Johnson City, Sullivan County, Carter County and the city of Elizabethton. The four governments had banded together in December, devoting a half-million dollars to purchase 435 acres of land for the park.
April 19, 1976: Ann Howard's Cafeteria in the Mall advertised specials for the entire family, including beef, veal and seafood.
Sources: Johnson City Court Records; Johnson City Daily Staff; Johnson City Staff-News; Johnson City Chronicle; Johnson City Press-Chronicle; Ted Bowers/Johnson City, Tennessee Memories