Dec. 13, 1920: Miss Elizabeth Doggett, of the East Tennessee Normal School in Johnson City, was visiting former Johnson City residents Mr. and Mrs. J. Fred Johnson at their new home in Kingsport.
Dec. 13, 1951: The Johnson City Press-Chronicle published a photo of The Little Store on the corner of West Market and Commerce streets, where it had opened in 1938. The building was later home to Powell’s. Today, Campbell’s Morrell Music is there.
Dec. 13, 1963: ETSU head football coach Star Wood released the names of 36 Buccaneers who lettered for the team in the fall. The list included seven seniors, 14 juniors, 14 sophomores and one freshman. The freshman was kickoff specialist Ron Rigsby of Soddy Daisy.
Dec. 13, 1963: The Erwin Blue Devils defeated Science Hill’s Hilltoppers, 56-52.
Dec. 13, 2005: The Tennessee Raptors professional minor league football team was seeking a new home in Johnson City for the 2006 season. The Raptors, members of the Alliance Football League, wanted to use Spurrier Field at Memorial Stadium after leaving their home turf in Greeneville.
Sources: The Comet; Kingsport Times; Johnson City Press-Chronicle/Ted Bowers/Johnson City, Tennessee, Memories; Johnson City Press