Sept. 13, 1888: A.J. Bowman advertised that he would pay market price for green peaches delivered his cannery, as well as green apples after Sept. 1st.
Sept. 13, 1906: The White Elephant had been leased for two years by a Mr. Daab of North Carolina for conversion into an overalls manufacturing facility. The White Elephant was a large white, flood-prone structure that sat at West Market and Boone streets.
Source: The Comet; Johnson City Press