May 10, 1911: Johnson City’s first hospital opened at 712 2nd Ave., which is now East Fairview Avenue. The newly opened Memorial Hospital had a capacity of 10 beds. Three years later, the hospital moved to a house on 7th Avenue (East Chilhowie Avenue) in the Carnegie Addition.
May 10, 1955: Johnson City voters voted to become a home rule municipality.
May 10, 1980: Heart performed at Freedom Hall Civic Center.
Sources: The Comet; History of Washington County, Tennessee; Municipal Technical Advisory Service; Bobbie H. Shirley, Freedom Hall.