April 15, 1975: North Side Hospital opened at 401 Princeton Road.
April 15, 1992: Carl A. Jones Jr., longtime publisher of Johnson City Press (Press-Chronicle 1942-85), died. After graduating from Ohio State University in 1934, Jones joined the new enterprise, Johnson City Press, which had been established that same year by his father and Charles Harkrader. He was business manager and then publisher — a position he held until his death.
April 15, 2008: The Johnson City Commission approved on first reading an amendment to the city zoning code that would restrict substance abuse treatment centers to MS-1 (medical services) zoned districts.
Sources: Johnson City Press-Chronicle; Greater Johnson City A Pictorial History; Johnson City Press.