Feb. 25, 1924: The Business and Professional Women’s Club was organized in Johnson City.
Feb. 25, 1935: The Johnson City Press reported that for the first time, the manager and chief medical officers at the Veterans Hospital were East Tennesseans. Dr. James H.S. Morrison of the Cumberland Gap area, was the new chief medical officer. Col. Lee B. Harr was a Johnson City native.
Feb. 25, 1964: The Erwin Blue Devils needed two overtimes to defeat Science Hill High School's Hilltoppers 52-44 in the District 1 quarterfinals of boys' basketball.
Sources: "Greater Johnson City A Pictorial History; Archives of Appalachia, Mary Hardin McCown Collection; Johnson City Press; Johnson City Press-Chronicle.
For more about Johnson City’s 150th Birthday, visit www.johnsoncity150.com.