NOW SERVING TRI-CITIES! AMERICA'S CONVAIR, A GREAT NEW FLAGSHIP FOR A GREAT NEW YEAR, WITH SIX FLAGSHIP FEATURES FOR EASIER, MORE ENJOYABLE TRAVEL!
More photos and text brag on the new Convair:
• "Built-In Stairway Ramp: It saves time. It's lowered immediately upon landing for prompt unloading. No waiting ... no delay.”
• "Self-Service Baggage Shelves: They are handy at cabin exit. If you like, you can pick up your own luggage as you leave and be long on your way.”
• "Reversible Propellers: For greater safety and easier ground landing.”
• "Power To Spare: The Engines gives you five-mile-a-minuteste cruising speed, swift and easy take offs, easy riding.”
• "Big, broad-view windows enlarge your view from your flagship. Easy observation from all seats in the Convair.”
• "At home comfort. Soft seats with plenty of leg room. ... Complete, automatic air conditioning.
• "Five-Mile-a-minute Speed ... New Comfort ... New convenience.
• "American's Convair Flagship fills a definite travel need — providing short-trip passengers with speed and luxury that correspond to the standards set by the finest longer-range transports — America's DC-6 Flagships.
Together, the Convair and the DC-6 form a five-minutes-a-mile Flagship fleet that guarantees you the most modern, most comfortable, time-saving transportation, regardless of your journey's length.”
• "Better by air... Best by American: For reservations and information phone, Tri-City 1540 or your travel agent. Ticket Office at Airportds.
• "Westbound Convair leaves Tri-Cities at 12:01 p.m. for Knoxville (42 minutes), Nashville (1 hour, 54 minutes), Memphis (8 hours, 15 minutes), Dallas (6 hours, 34 minutes).
"Eastbound Convair leaves Tri-Cities at 2:02 p.m. for Roanoke (43 minutes), Lynchburg (1 hour, 15 minutes). Richmond (2 hours, 1 minute), Washington DC, (2 hours, 51 minutes), New York (4 hours, ??? minutes)."
Reach Bob Cox at [email protected] or go to www.bcyesteryear.com.