Feb. 3, 1935: Police raided a Hillcrest Drive home and seized five gallons of home brew and a quart of whiskey. No one was home at the time, but the resident was cited to appear in the next session of City Court.
Feb. 3, 1961: Dr. Jess Johnson of First Christian Church gave the invocation of dedication of the remodeled Chamber of Commerce offices. Carl A. Jones was President of the Chamber of Commerce.
Feb. 3, 1974: Thankful Baptist Church broke ground for a new sanctuary at their present location, 1501 East Watauga Avenue.
Sources: The Comet; Johnson City Press; Archives of Appalachia, Mary Hardin McCown Collection; “In the Footsteps of Faith: A Tour of 14 of Johnson City’s Century-Old Churches.”