Organized nationally by the Drug Enforcement Administration, Take-Back Day encourages community groups and law enforcement agencies to partner and collect prescription medications that are expired or no longer needed. During the last Take-Back Day, 113 law enforcement agencies partnered with local groups to host 140 sites across Tennessee.
Local drop off locations include:
• Johnson City Police Department, 601 E. Main St.
• Gray Community Center,113 Gray Ruritan Drive, Gray.
• Food City,1921 Tenn. Highway 394, Blountville.
• Butler Fire Department, 291 Piercetown Road, Butler.
• Bristol Police Department, 801 Anderson St., Bristol.
• Food City, 300 Clinchfield St., Kingsport.
• Tusculum City Hall,145 Alexander St., Tusculum.
• Shady Valley Fire Department, 10114 U.S. Highway 421, Shady Valley.
• Mountain City City Hall, 210 Old South Church St. Mountain City.
If you or a loved one needs treatment for addiction, you can call or text TN REDLINE at 800-889-9789 for a confidential referral. For other drop off locations or future take-back events, visit takebackday.dea.gov.