Public works projects include:
– Crosswalk replacement on Boone Street between King Street and Wilson Avenue. Boone Street is closed to thru traffic in front of First Presbyterian Church. Detours are in place.
– Curb and sidewalk replacement at Med Tech Parkway between Technology Lane and Hope Well Drive. Motorists are asked to use caution when traveling through the area.
– Drainage improvements at East 9th Avenue. The road will be closed to thru traffic for the duration of the project, which will last about three weeks.
Water/sewer projects include:
– Water line replacements and lane closures at Oak Street, Mountain View Circle, New Street, Hale Street, East 9th Avenue and Noth Mountain View Circle.
– Water line replacement and lane closures at Laurel Acres Court.
– Sewer line construction at Division Street, Water Street and Main Street. Officials said to expect delays when traveling through these areas.
– Tank construction and road closures at Chamber Drive and Dennis Drive.
– Water tap and hydrant installations and lane closures at 2927 Watauga Rd.
– Water line replacement and lane closures at Patric and Madden Gray.