• The board will consider an amendment to the policy on alcoholic beverages at the Senior Center. Under the proposed resolution, the center will continue to operate on a no-alcohol policy on a day-to-day basis, but clarifies that seniors participating in activities outside the building and grounds are expected to make their own decisions whether to consume an alcoholic beverage.
Staff and volunteers are prohibited from drinking under the resolution, and the town can grant permission for consumption of alcoholic beverages for a special event taking place at the building.
• Discuss a contract with the Tennessee Department of Conservation for a $500,000 local parks and recreation fund grant to develop the community park behind the Jonesborough Senior Center, currently proposed as Lincoln Avenue Community Park.
• The board will consider construction of a Fleet Maintenance Facility and Wastewater Building. The current town garage is almost 40 years old and unfit in many ways. The proposed fleet maintenance facility will house a vehicle repair shop, water distribution department and meter department.
The proposed wastewater building would be constructed on the wastewater complex. Both project would cost about $750,000.
• The board will discuss an agreement with Johnson City in which Jonesborough continues to provide the city with National Crime Information Center query services on an agreed schedule and Johnson City continues to allow Jonesborough access to their 800 MHz emergency communication system for a 10-year term.
• Board members will also discuss and possibly take action on the FY 2016-17 audit report.
Email Jessica Fuller at [email protected]. Follow Jessica on Twitter @fullerjf91. Like her on Facebook at www.facebook.com/jfullerJCP.