All law enforcement officers, firefighters, paramedics and emergency medical technicians in the Johnson City and Washington County area are encouraged to attend.
Free for all first responders, the dinner will begin at 6 p.m. Tuesday, Sept. 10, at the recreation center at 322 W. Market St. The menu will include fried chicken, meatloaf, green beans, salad, drinks and dessert.
The program will include special recognition of eight area first responders selected by their commanding officers for distinguished service in the line of duty.
Johnson City Mayor Jenny Brock will also speak briefly on the heroic role first responders play in the community.
The special honorees will include:
• Sgt. Dennis Higgins, with the Jonesborough Police Department;
• Lt. Chason Freeman, with the Jonesborough Fire Department;
• Sgt. Mike Nutter, with Washington County/Johnson City Emergency Medical Services;
• Officer Andrew Miller, with the Johnson City Police Department;
• Brandon Jordan, with the Johnson City Fire Department;
• Cindy Thomas, with the Washington County Sheriff’s Office; and
• Trooper Christopher Dunn, with the Tennessee Highway Patrol.
A member of the Washington County Emergency Management Agency will also receive special recognition.
More information about the dinner may be obtained by contacting Carver Recreation Center Director Herb Greenlee at 423-461-8830.