The famous Budweiser Clydesdales will join the festivities on Wednesday at the new Food City store in Erwin. And on Friday night, the community will gather again for the annual lighting of the Erwin Christmas Tree.
Where and When:
• Erwin Christmas Parade: Starting at 10:30 a.m. at the Tractor Supply shopping center. This year’s “Holly Jolly Christmas Parade” will travel down Main Avenue through downtown, and along Love Street to Erwin Utilities.
• Unicoi Christmas Parade: Unicoi’s “Fairytale Christmas Parade” starts at 2 p.m. at the Cherokee National Forest offices just off I-26 at Exit 32. The parade route will follow Unicoi Drive and Tennessee, Lincoln and Massachusetts Avenue to Unicoi Elementary School.
• Small Business Saturday: Parade goers are encouraged to stay around for Small Business Saturday at locally owned shops in both towns.
• Budweiser Clydesdales: The famed Budweiser beer wagon and its team of eight Clydesdales will be at the Erwin Food City on Second Street (Highway 107) from 4-6 p.m Wednesday, Dec. 4.
• Erwin Christmas Tree Lighting: The town of Erwin’s annual tree lighting festivities will begin at 5 p.m. at a Christmas Village set up in the town hall parking area. The event traditionally features live music, food trucks and concessions, horse drawn wagon rides through downtown, a live nativity and a retelling of the story of Christ’s birth in music and song. The event concludes at 8 following a reading of the classic ‘Twas the Night Before Christmas” and a visit from Santa Claus.