Johnson City Press Wednesday, September 17, 2014
Columns Out of My Head
Jan Hearne

It may have been all about ‘nothing much’ but Monkees made us happy

July 29th, 2013 9:10 am by Jan Hearne

Someone pointed out the other day The Monkees are on tour. I imagine they are making a lot of people happy.

Comments
Columns Out of My Head
Jan Hearne

Addiction grabs hold, steals another young life

July 22nd, 2013 9:30 am by Jan Hearne

Cory Monteith, the star of “Glee,” died July 13 alone in a Vancouver hotel room at the age of 31.

Comments
Columns Out of My Head
Jan Hearne

In first week of Tour, riders suffer from injury, illness but carry on

July 8th, 2013 8:46 am by Jan Hearne

The riders of the Tour de France are in pain.

Comments
Out of My Head
Jan Hearne

Flap over Paula Deen obscures significant anniversary

July 1st, 2013 9:09 am by Jan Hearne

On June 21, the hoopla over Paula Deen’s termination by the Food Network obscured the anniversary of a national tragedy.

Comments
Columns Out of My Head
Jan Hearne

English proficiency might not be enough

June 24th, 2013 9:31 am by Jan Hearne

One of the greatest accomplishments of my life has been learning to speak English fluently.

Comments
Community Columns Out of My Head
Jan Hearne

Children love their fathers even when they are less than perfect

June 16th, 2013 9:11 am by Jan Hearne

My dad wasn’t perfect, not in the way that 1950s dads were portrayed on television. Unlike Ward Cleaver on “Leave it to Beaver” or Jim Anderson on “Father Knows Best,” my father never had a heart-to-heart talk with me.

Comments
Columns Out of My Head
Though my decorating style is strongly influenced by the school of benign neglect, I like to look at pretty things.

June 9th, 2013 12:00 am by Staff Report

Comments
Columns Out of My Head
Sadie has a moment of unexplained bravery

Sadie has a moment of unexplained bravery

June 2nd, 2013 12:00 am by Jan Hearne

Sadie, my Heinz-57 (at least), is an unending source of amusement and bafflement. She is unlike any dog I’ve ever known, and those who know her will vouch for the truth of this statement.

Comments
Columns Out of My Head
Bowerbirds design, build in the name of romance

Bowerbirds design, build in the name of romance

May 26th, 2013 12:00 am by Jan Hearne

The other day I read a column by a decorator who loves to adorn her front door with flowers, mirrors and other shiny things.

Comments
Community Columns Out of My Head
Jan Hearne

Reflecting on childhood memories of Mom this Mother’s Day

May 13th, 2013 9:13 am by Jan Hearne

When I was a kid, I always felt sorry for my mom on Mother’s Day. We followed the old Southern tradition of wearing a red corsage on Mother’s Day if our mother was living and a white one if she had died.

Comments