Johnson City Press Monday, October 20, 2014
Columns Out of My Head
Jan Hearne

Idyllic little Jamestown in mountains of Colorado has washed away

October 28th, 2013 9:26 am by Jan Hearne

Jamestown, Colo., as I knew it, no longer exists. The September floods devastated the town, which sits on James Creek above Boulder.

Comments
Columns Out of My Head
Jan Hearne

Time may bring changes, but memories can be preserved

October 20th, 2013 12:00 am by Jan Hearne

There was a creek that ran behind the Dott’s house on Corteland Drive in Knoxville when I was a kid. Boo, Terry, Tex and I, accompanied by our dogs and Soda the neighbor’s golden retriever, roamed the banks of that creek for three years.

Comments
Columns Out of My Head
Jan Hearne

Malala’s story should make us all focus more on education

October 14th, 2013 9:44 am by Jan Hearne

On Oct. 9, 2012, the Pakistani Taliban shot Malala Yousufzai, a 15-year-old girl, point blank in the head as she sat in a school van.

Comments
Columns Out of My Head
Jan Hearne

‘It’s just a phase’ that I, unfortunately, missed out on

September 30th, 2013 9:00 am by Jan Hearne

It is amazing how knowledgeable I have become about child rearing, given I never had children of my own.

Comments
Out of My Head Adventures
Jan Hearne

Nyad needs to set more reasonable goals now

September 23rd, 2013 9:04 am by Jan Hearne

When Diana Nyad stumbled ashore after her record swim from Cuba to Key West, she said she had fulfilled her life’s dream.

Comments
Columns Out of My Head
Jan Hearne

Remember and honor Addie Mae, Cynthia, Carole, Denise

September 16th, 2013 9:16 am by Jan Hearne

On Sept. 15, 1963, at 10:22 a.m., a bomb exploded at the 16th Street Baptist Church in Birmingham. Four little girls died in the blast.

Comments
Columns Out of My Head
Jan Hearne

Thunderstorm brings back memories, worries over tiny creatures

September 9th, 2013 11:11 am by Jan Hearne

The other night’s thunderstorm woke me and sent Sadie scrambling to the living room. (What dog doesn’t want to be close to its owner when lightning is flashing? Sadie, of course.)

Comments
Columns Out of My Head
Jan Hearne

Robin Thicke, Miley Cyrus and twerking — let’s just turn off TV

September 3rd, 2013 2:00 pm by Jan Hearne

Apparently that sweet little Hannah Montana, aka Miley Cyrus, has done something just awful.

Comments
Columns Out of My Head
Jan Hearne

Atlanta girl in L.A.: ‘Country come to town’

August 12th, 2013 5:22 pm by Jan Hearne

There’s a saying I grew up with — “country come to town” — but I never thought it would apply to me.

Comments
Columns Out of My Head
Jan Hearne

Reflecting on phrase ‘died doing what they loved’

August 5th, 2013 9:46 am by Jan Hearne

After David “Kidd” Kraddick, radio and TV host of the “Kidd Kraddick in the Morning” show, died July 27 at a charity golf event, his spokesman said, “he died doing what he loved.”

Comments