Johnson City Press Wednesday, October 22, 2014
Columns As I See It
Robert Houk

Indiana proves wacky liquor laws aren’t limited to Tennessee

July 15th, 2013 8:42 am by Robert Houk

I’ve often commented on Tennessee’s antiquated liquor laws.

Comments
Columns As I See It Opinion
Robert Houk

Scrapping Electoral College very dangerous, very bad idea

July 8th, 2013 8:45 am by Robert Houk

Here we go again. If we are to believe the political pundits and campaign strategists, the next race for the White House is well underway.

Comments
Columns As I See It
Robert Houk

DOMA vote one step in long journey

July 1st, 2013 9:06 am by Robert Houk

Much has been written and spoken in the last few days regarding the U.S. Supreme Court’s decision to strike down a major portion of the Defense of Marriage Act.

Comments
Columns As I See It
Robert Houk

Dr. Hezekiah Hankal should get his due in Johnson City

June 24th, 2013 9:27 am by Robert Houk

There’s effort afoot to see that Dr. Hezekiah Hankal finally gets the recognition he so deserves. You might be asking: Who is Dr. Hezekiah Hankal?

Comments
TriCityMom As I See It
Fun in the sun: Area offers plenty to keep kids entertained through summer

Fun in the sun: Area offers plenty to keep kids entertained through summer

June 19th, 2013 9:28 am by Leigh Ann Laube

Whether you’re into hiking, camping, canoeing, making fossil casts, riding a zip line, learning what it takes to be an astronaut or crawling through a giant artery, there’s plenty for you and your kids to do this summer — despite what they may tell you.

Comments
Columns As I See It
Legislators could mess things up for sick, poor

Legislators could mess things up for sick, poor

June 17th, 2013 9:00 am by Robert Houk

I once heard the Rev. Will Campbell — the civil rights activist and colorful Baptist preacher, who died June 3 in Nashville — say the prayer before a floor session of the Tennessee House of Representatives.

Comments
Columns As I See It
Home-schoolers in school sports: All the fun without the fundraising

Home-schoolers in school sports: All the fun without the fundraising

June 9th, 2013 12:00 am by Robert Houk

A new law is set to go into effect July 1 requiring all public schools in Tennessee to give home-schoolers the chance to try out for sports.

Comments
Columns As I See It
How much do you know about Rusty Crowe?

How much do you know about Rusty Crowe?

May 26th, 2013 12:00 am by Robert Houk

How much do you think you know about Crowe?

Comments
Columns As I See It
Robert Houk

TVA’s original mission remains ‘relevant’ even after 80 years

May 13th, 2013 9:46 am by Robert Houk

The Tennessee Valley Authority will be celebrating its 80th birthday Saturday. Some might say the public utility is beginning to show its age, but don’t try to tell that to TVA employees, New Deal Democrats, or those who like boating on a local lake.

Comments