Johnson City Press Monday, November 24, 2014
Columns As I See It
Robert Houk

Voting out ‘the bums’ often takes time and effort

August 12th, 2013 5:11 pm by Robert Houk

A reader called me recently to compliment us on printing an editorial cartoon.

Comments
Columns As I See It
Robert Houk

DeBerry was dedicated lawmaker and a ‘great lady’

August 5th, 2013 9:55 am by Robert Houk

The many comments I heard and read last week on the passing of former Tennessee House Speaker Pro-Tempore Lois DeBerry, D-Memphis, were heartfelt and very personal. Some of the most touching came from her Republican colleagues here in East Tennessee

Comments
Columns As I See It
Robert Houk

Getting royal treatment at St. Mary’s Hospital in London

July 29th, 2013 9:16 am by Robert Houk

Watching the non-stop coverage of the birth of Prince George in London last week reminded me of my own visit to the hospital where the infant who could someday be the king of England was born.

Comments
Columns As I See It
Robert Houk

Civility is not about ‘political correctness,’ it’s good manners

July 22nd, 2013 9:18 am by Robert Houk

The flap over the so-called “nuclear option” in the U.S. Senate last week is just another example of how dysfunctional things have become on Capitol Hill.

Comments
Columns As I See It
Robert Houk

Indiana proves wacky liquor laws aren’t limited to Tennessee

July 15th, 2013 8:42 am by Robert Houk

I’ve often commented on Tennessee’s antiquated liquor laws.

Comments
Columns As I See It Opinion
Robert Houk

Scrapping Electoral College very dangerous, very bad idea

July 8th, 2013 8:45 am by Robert Houk

Here we go again. If we are to believe the political pundits and campaign strategists, the next race for the White House is well underway.

Comments
Columns As I See It
Robert Houk

DOMA vote one step in long journey

July 1st, 2013 9:06 am by Robert Houk

Much has been written and spoken in the last few days regarding the U.S. Supreme Court’s decision to strike down a major portion of the Defense of Marriage Act.

Comments
Columns As I See It
Robert Houk

Dr. Hezekiah Hankal should get his due in Johnson City

June 24th, 2013 9:27 am by Robert Houk

There’s effort afoot to see that Dr. Hezekiah Hankal finally gets the recognition he so deserves. You might be asking: Who is Dr. Hezekiah Hankal?

Comments
TriCityMom As I See It
Fun in the sun: Area offers plenty to keep kids entertained through summer

Fun in the sun: Area offers plenty to keep kids entertained through summer

June 19th, 2013 9:28 am by Leigh Ann Laube

Whether you’re into hiking, camping, canoeing, making fossil casts, riding a zip line, learning what it takes to be an astronaut or crawling through a giant artery, there’s plenty for you and your kids to do this summer — despite what they may tell you.

Comments
Columns As I See It
Legislators could mess things up for sick, poor

Legislators could mess things up for sick, poor

June 17th, 2013 9:00 am by Robert Houk

I once heard the Rev. Will Campbell — the civil rights activist and colorful Baptist preacher, who died June 3 in Nashville — say the prayer before a floor session of the Tennessee House of Representatives.

Comments