Johnson City Press Friday, July 25, 2014
Columns As I See It
Robert Houk

Ramsey has no regrets about tweet and no plans for Congress

September 16th, 2013 9:06 am by Robert Houk

You’ve got to hand it to Tennessee’s lieutenant governor for the way he uses social media to rattle partisan cages.

Comments
Columns As I See It
Robert Houk

All these laws come from individual concerns

September 3rd, 2013 10:36 am by Robert Houk

There ought to be a law. How many times have you heard that said?

Comments
Columns As I See It
Robert Houk

Thankfully tea party knows compromise really means selling out

August 26th, 2013 2:33 pm by Robert Houk

That Lamar Alexander is just so mean. It’s bad enough Tennessee’s senior U.S. senator has refused calls from the level-headed folks in the tea party for him to retire, now Alexander is raising a massive campaign war chest that’s bound to make the Republic

Comments
Columns As I See It
Robert Houk

Roe says House will not be rushed on immigration

August 19th, 2013 11:30 am by Robert Houk

With Congress on its summer break, U.S. Rep. Phil Roe, R-1st, took time Wednesday to stop by the Press to discuss important issues and talk a little politics.

Comments
Columns As I See It
Robert Houk

Voting out ‘the bums’ often takes time and effort

August 12th, 2013 5:11 pm by Robert Houk

A reader called me recently to compliment us on printing an editorial cartoon.

Comments
Columns As I See It
Robert Houk

DeBerry was dedicated lawmaker and a ‘great lady’

August 5th, 2013 9:55 am by Robert Houk

The many comments I heard and read last week on the passing of former Tennessee House Speaker Pro-Tempore Lois DeBerry, D-Memphis, were heartfelt and very personal. Some of the most touching came from her Republican colleagues here in East Tennessee

Comments
Columns As I See It
Robert Houk

Getting royal treatment at St. Mary’s Hospital in London

July 29th, 2013 9:16 am by Robert Houk

Watching the non-stop coverage of the birth of Prince George in London last week reminded me of my own visit to the hospital where the infant who could someday be the king of England was born.

Comments
Columns As I See It
Robert Houk

Civility is not about ‘political correctness,’ it’s good manners

July 22nd, 2013 9:18 am by Robert Houk

The flap over the so-called “nuclear option” in the U.S. Senate last week is just another example of how dysfunctional things have become on Capitol Hill.

Comments
Columns As I See It
Robert Houk

Indiana proves wacky liquor laws aren’t limited to Tennessee

July 15th, 2013 8:42 am by Robert Houk

I’ve often commented on Tennessee’s antiquated liquor laws.

Comments
Columns As I See It Opinion
Robert Houk

Scrapping Electoral College very dangerous, very bad idea

July 8th, 2013 8:45 am by Robert Houk

Here we go again. If we are to believe the political pundits and campaign strategists, the next race for the White House is well underway.

Comments