Johnson City Press Saturday, October 25, 2014
Columns As I See It
Robert Houk

The year 1974 is one worth remembering

March 10th, 2014 8:56 am by Robert Houk

Wednesday will mark the 40th anniversary of a remarkable vote in the Tennessee House of Representatives that helped to shape the entire Northeast Tennessee region as we know it today.

Comments
Columns As I See It
Robert Houk

Turn away gays' bill looks to be dead in Tennessee - for now

March 3rd, 2014 9:00 am by Robert Houk

In a column a few years ago, I noted that political pander bears are known to emerge from hibernation in election years to take on causes designed to gin up support among their base.

Comments
Columns As I See It
Robert Houk

VW vote shows how much Republicans hate unions

February 24th, 2014 9:14 am by Robert Houk

Top Republican officeholders in Tennessee hate unions. I mean they really hate unions.

Comments
Columns As I See It
Gov. Haslam doesn't have much of a fight, but he's losing support

Gov. Haslam doesn't have much of a fight, but he's losing support

February 17th, 2014 9:14 am by Robert Houk

Gov. Bill Haslam seems to be a pretty cheerful guy, and why shouldn't he be?

Comments
Columns As I See It
Robert Houk

Finally Hankal will receive some deserved rememberance

February 10th, 2014 9:19 am by Robert Houk

This is a very special Black History Month for Mary Alexander.

Comments
Columns As I See It
Robert Houk

Legislative antics sure to land state in the spotlight

January 27th, 2014 9:27 am by Robert Houk

Let the countdown begin. When Tennessee lawmakers returned to work earlier this month, the Tennessee chapter of the American Civil Liberties Union launched a website to track the number of days it takes before the General Assembly once again makes the Vol

Comments
Columns As I See It
Robert Houk

Washington Co. sheriff’s race could be a wild one

January 20th, 2014 9:48 am by Robert Houk

Hot dang! We are going to have an old fashioned, knock ’em down sheriff’s race in Washington County this year.

Comments
Columns As I See It
Robert Houk

Wine bill not most important proposal on Capitol Hill

January 13th, 2014 10:59 am by Robert Houk

The Tennessee General Assembly will reconvene this week, and as usual, there are a number of issues that will be carried over from past sessions.

Comments
Columns As I See It
Robert Houk

Can you answer these questions about your government?

January 6th, 2014 3:23 pm by Robert Houk

The following quiz is specifically designed to see how much you know about local, state and federal governments.

Comments
Columns As I See It
Robert Houk

GOP will use hot-button issues, Dems should as well

December 16th, 2013 9:18 am by Robert Houk

Prepare yourself, dear voter, because 2014 is going be a busy election year. There will be contests for governor, county offices and Congress on the ballot.

Comments