Johnson City Press Thursday, December 18, 2014
Columns As I See It
Robert Houk

Johnson City resident, they're your county offices, too

April 21st, 2014 10:24 am by Robert Houk

Back in October, I noted that many Johnson City residents mistakenly ignore county elections.

Comments
News Local News Outdoors As I See It
Where's BooBoo? Bear trap placed in city to be removed, for now, due to inactivity

April 15th, 2014 11:14 am by Staff Reports

For the past several days, TWRA officials have been attempting to trap a black bear that has reportedly been causing problems around the North North Street and Sherwood Forest area of Johnson City.

Comments
Columns As I See It
Robert Houk

Any effort to disenfranchise voters is a bad move

April 14th, 2014 10:17 am by Robert Houk

Early voting begins Wednesday to pick GOP candidates for a number of contested county government and courthouse offices in Washington County.

Comments
Columns As I See It
Robert Houk

The closing of public records is not good news for public

April 7th, 2014 9:11 am by Robert Houk

Balancing the public's right to know and personal privacy is not an easy job. It is something we in the news business struggle with every day.

Comments
Columns As I See It
Robert Houk

Tinfoil Hat Caucus at forefront of good legislation

March 31st, 2014 8:53 am by Robert Houk

There are many websites and videos downloaded on the Internet detailing how to make a tinfoil hat.

Comments
Columns As I See It
Robert Houk

Sunshine Law still relevant after 40 years

March 17th, 2014 10:18 am by Robert Houk

Last week, I noted a number of important events that transpired in the year 1974. However, I inadvertently left out one item that still benefits Tennesseans on a daily basis.

Comments
Columns As I See It
Robert Houk

The year 1974 is one worth remembering

March 10th, 2014 8:56 am by Robert Houk

Wednesday will mark the 40th anniversary of a remarkable vote in the Tennessee House of Representatives that helped to shape the entire Northeast Tennessee region as we know it today.

Comments
Columns As I See It
Robert Houk

Turn away gays' bill looks to be dead in Tennessee - for now

March 3rd, 2014 9:00 am by Robert Houk

In a column a few years ago, I noted that political pander bears are known to emerge from hibernation in election years to take on causes designed to gin up support among their base.

Comments
Columns As I See It
Robert Houk

VW vote shows how much Republicans hate unions

February 24th, 2014 9:14 am by Robert Houk

Top Republican officeholders in Tennessee hate unions. I mean they really hate unions.

Comments
Columns As I See It
Gov. Haslam doesn't have much of a fight, but he's losing support

Gov. Haslam doesn't have much of a fight, but he's losing support

February 17th, 2014 9:14 am by Robert Houk

Gov. Bill Haslam seems to be a pretty cheerful guy, and why shouldn't he be?

Comments