Johnson City Press Friday, May 29, 2015
Columns As I See It
Tide may have turned on Attorney General election in Tennessee

Tide may have turned on Attorney General election in Tennessee

March 4th, 2015 11:54 am by Robert Houk

Democrats need to give voters a distraction that they can happily get behind. Medical marijuana may just be it.

Comments
Columns As I See It
Politicians now seeking to fill news void

Politicians now seeking to fill news void

February 23rd, 2015 11:05 am by Robert Houk

We don't like the idea of politicians masquerading their propaganda as true journalism.

Comments
Columns As I See It
Yelton was a tireless champion for his constituents

Yelton was a tireless champion for his constituents

February 16th, 2015 10:26 am by Robert Houk

A couple of sad news items last week made me want to take a trip in my Way-Back Machine to the early 1990s.

Comments
Columns As I See It
Robert Houk

Insure Tennessee never had a chance

February 9th, 2015 11:40 am by Robert Houk

It would have taken a real miracle, or some fancy legislative maneuvering on the part of the governor, to convince the Obamacare hating, Republican-led General Assembly to approve Insure Tennessee.

Comments
Columns As I See It
Robert Houk

Learning to love the red-light cameras

February 2nd, 2015 10:44 am by Robert Houk

I know it is not a popular thing to say, and I'm sure saying it will earn me a few snarky emails, but I'm going to say it anyway.

Comments
Columns As I See It
Robert Houk

Education can truly change your stars

January 26th, 2015 9:26 am by Robert Houk

"Education quite literally saved our lives" - Eric Freeman.

Comments
Columns As I See It
Robert Houk

Beacon Center's light doesn't shine on everyone

January 19th, 2015 10:52 am by Robert Houk

Who can possibly argue against empowering Tennesseans? I guess it depends on what you consider to be empowerment.

Comments
Columns As I See It
Robert Houk

Brace yourselves for the return of the state General Assembly

January 13th, 2015 10:53 am by Robert Houk

Political columnists relish the return of state lawmakers. Their antics often make for great fodder. Unfortunately, a lot of what legislators do in our good names is really nothing to laugh about.

Comments
Columns As I See It
Robert Houk

Decades later, fluoride conspiracists still rage on

January 5th, 2015 9:28 am by Robert Houk

Some say fluoridation is a corporate plot to control our minds. Others say it is a government plot to control our minds.

Comments
Columns As I See It
Gene Autry was an early  combatant in the War on Christmas'

Gene Autry was an early combatant in the War on Christmas'

December 22nd, 2014 11:32 am by Robert Houk

It makes sense, after all Autry did live in California, which everyone knows is not called the "left coast" for nothing.

Comments