Johnson City Press Sunday, March 29, 2015
Columns As I See It
Robert Houk

Decades later, fluoride conspiracists still rage on

January 5th, 2015 9:28 am by Robert Houk

Some say fluoridation is a corporate plot to control our minds. Others say it is a government plot to control our minds.

Comments
Columns As I See It
Gene Autry was an early  combatant in the War on Christmas'

Gene Autry was an early combatant in the War on Christmas'

December 22nd, 2014 11:32 am by Robert Houk

It makes sense, after all Autry did live in California, which everyone knows is not called the "left coast" for nothing.

Comments
Columns As I See It
Robert Houk

Sunshine Law requires officials to be seen and heard

December 15th, 2014 3:58 pm by Robert Houk

Discussing important matters publicly and audibly allows concerned citizens to judge for themselves the merits of the proposals before governing boards, as well as the motivations of those proposing them.

Comments
Columns As I See It
Bush's 1988 visit was one for the textbooks

Bush's 1988 visit was one for the textbooks

November 24th, 2014 9:20 am by Staff Report

Back then, candidates truly rubbed elbows with regular folks on the campaign trail.

Comments
Columns As I See It
Robert Houk

The new state Senate is nothing like the old days

November 17th, 2014 2:25 pm by Robert Houk

There were certainly partisan divides two decades ago, but nothing like the acrimony seen on Capitol Hill today.

Comments
Columns As I See It
Robert Houk

Best practices' needed for state child care services

November 10th, 2014 11:42 am by Robert Houk

Gov. Bill Haslam will continue to have a problem convincing members of the Republican-controlled state General Assembly that Common Core is not a President Obama-hatched plot to turn our schoolchildren into Islamic terrorists.

Comments
Columns As I See It
Robert Houk

Challenger says Alexander not showing his true self

November 3rd, 2014 9:46 am by Robert Houk

For many weeks now, U.S. Sen. Lamar Alexander has been telling Tennessee voters that if they elect Gordon Ball, the Democrat will be "one more vote for Obama."

Comments
Columns As I See It
Robert Houk

A few ponderings on paid lobbyists and elected judges

October 29th, 2014 4:39 pm by Robert Houk

Does the city of Johnson City really need a paid lobbyist on Capitol Hill?

Comments
Columns As I See It
Constitutional amendments ignore legislative restraint

Constitutional amendments ignore legislative restraint

October 20th, 2014 11:46 am by Robert Houk

It should never be easy to change the state's Constitution.

Comments
Columns As I See It
Robert Houk

Merrill Moore was truly one of a kind

October 13th, 2014 10:50 am by Robert Houk

In addition to being a true professional, family and friends also knew him as a kind and generous soul.

Comments