Johnson City Press Friday, July 31, 2015
SNEAK PEEK: Take a first look at our new site and tell us what you think. ยป
Good or bad, Rusty Crowe is still making headlines

Featured Story

Columns As I See It

Good or bad, Rusty Crowe is still making headlines

July 27th, 2015 10:01 am by Robert Houk

Crowe is in full Pander Bear mode.

Comments
Columns As I See It
Gov. Haslam's legacy remains unseen

Gov. Haslam's legacy remains unseen

July 20th, 2015 3:24 pm by Robert Houk

What does Tennessee Gov. Bill Haslam have to do to get some love from his fellow Republicans?

Comments
Columns As I See It Opinion
Waiting for the 'New South' to rise

Waiting for the 'New South' to rise

July 13th, 2015 11:22 am by Robert Houk

Flying a loser's banner over your state Capitol makes no sense unless you recall the real reason it was placed there 50 years ago was in defiance of the Civil Rights movement.

Comments
Columns Heritage As I See It
Getting Andy Johnson some respect on Capitol Hill

Getting Andy Johnson some respect on Capitol Hill

June 29th, 2015 10:41 am by Staff Report

Perhaps the only two things most schoolchildren know about Andrew Johnson is that he became president following Lincoln's assassination and he was the first president to be impeached.

Comments
Columns As I See It
Countdown to the next municipal election has begun

Countdown to the next municipal election has begun

June 22nd, 2015 1:55 pm by Robert Houk

Prepare yourself, Johnson Citians, there's going to be a humdinger of an election coming in November 2016. And I'm not talking about the race for the White House.

Comments
Columns As I See It Opinion
Who be Tennessee's pick for the GOP presidential nomination?

Who be Tennessee's pick for the GOP presidential nomination?

June 15th, 2015 11:19 am by Robert Houk

As of this writing, there are 20 declared GOPers and at least five other credible Republicans still mulling bids.

Comments
Columns As I See It
New shelter holds promise for the future

New shelter holds promise for the future

June 8th, 2015 11:51 am by Robert Houk

It's not often that I would use giddy to describe Debbie Dobbs, but that was the word which came to my mind last week as she showed me around the new animal shelter.

Comments
Columns As I See It Opinion
Insure Tennessee gets a hearty  'Amen!' from state residents

Insure Tennessee gets a hearty 'Amen!' from state residents

May 26th, 2015 9:17 am by Robert Houk

"Politicians have health insurance. Why can't the working people of Tennessee have health insurance?" - Dr. Patrick MacMillan.

Comments
Columns As I See It Opinion
Creating the will for Congress to tackle climate change

Creating the will for Congress to tackle climate change

May 20th, 2015 9:12 am by Robert Houk

Personally, I think the CCL would have a better chance of convincing members of Congress to give free ice cream to every inmate on federal death row than it would getting them even to admit climate change exists.

Comments
Columns As I See It Opinion
Widowed mothers, roses and angry mobs

Widowed mothers, roses and angry mobs

May 11th, 2015 10:21 am by Robert Houk

Mothers had influence throughout Tennessee's political history.

Comments
Columns As I See It Opinion
Same-sex marriage case to yield landmark decision

Same-sex marriage case to yield landmark decision

May 4th, 2015 11:38 am by Robert Houk

The question remains: How does Jack and Joe, or Lisa and Kim getting hitched damage my own marriage of 23 years?

Comments