Johnson City Press Monday, March 2, 2015
Politicians now seeking to fill news void

Featured Story

Columns As I See It

Politicians now seeking to fill news void

February 23rd, 2015 11:05 am by Robert Houk

We don't like the idea of politicians masquerading their propaganda as true journalism.

Comments
Columns As I See It
Yelton was a tireless champion for his constituents

Yelton was a tireless champion for his constituents

February 16th, 2015 10:26 am by Robert Houk

A couple of sad news items last week made me want to take a trip in my Way-Back Machine to the early 1990s.

Comments
Columns As I See It
Robert Houk

Insure Tennessee never had a chance

February 9th, 2015 11:40 am by Robert Houk

It would have taken a real miracle, or some fancy legislative maneuvering on the part of the governor, to convince the Obamacare hating, Republican-led General Assembly to approve Insure Tennessee.

Comments
Columns As I See It
Robert Houk

Learning to love the red-light cameras

February 2nd, 2015 10:44 am by Robert Houk

I know it is not a popular thing to say, and I'm sure saying it will earn me a few snarky emails, but I'm going to say it anyway.

Comments
Columns As I See It
Robert Houk

Education can truly change your stars

January 26th, 2015 9:26 am by Robert Houk

"Education quite literally saved our lives" - Eric Freeman.

Comments
Columns As I See It
Robert Houk

Beacon Center's light doesn't shine on everyone

January 19th, 2015 10:52 am by Robert Houk

Who can possibly argue against empowering Tennesseans? I guess it depends on what you consider to be empowerment.

Comments
Columns As I See It
Robert Houk

Brace yourselves for the return of the state General Assembly

January 13th, 2015 10:53 am by Robert Houk

Political columnists relish the return of state lawmakers. Their antics often make for great fodder. Unfortunately, a lot of what legislators do in our good names is really nothing to laugh about.

Comments
Columns As I See It
Robert Houk

Decades later, fluoride conspiracists still rage on

January 5th, 2015 9:28 am by Robert Houk

Some say fluoridation is a corporate plot to control our minds. Others say it is a government plot to control our minds.

Comments
Columns As I See It
Gene Autry was an early  combatant in the War on Christmas'

Gene Autry was an early combatant in the War on Christmas'

December 22nd, 2014 11:32 am by Robert Houk

It makes sense, after all Autry did live in California, which everyone knows is not called the "left coast" for nothing.

Comments
Columns As I See It
Robert Houk

Sunshine Law requires officials to be seen and heard

December 15th, 2014 3:58 pm by Robert Houk

Discussing important matters publicly and audibly allows concerned citizens to judge for themselves the merits of the proposals before governing boards, as well as the motivations of those proposing them.

Comments
Columns As I See It
Bush's 1988 visit was one for the textbooks

Bush's 1988 visit was one for the textbooks

November 24th, 2014 9:20 am by Staff Report

Back then, candidates truly rubbed elbows with regular folks on the campaign trail.

Comments