James Clubb, 35, 124 Parker St., was charged with three counts of assault and one count each of domestic assault, aggravated assault, vandalism and resisting arrest following his Monday arrest by the Unicoi County Sheriff’s Department.
The arrest report said officers were dispatched to a fight at a residence on Parker Street between Clubb and his girlfriend. The alleged victim told police Clubb had been drinking for most of the day, and while she was cooking, Clubb had gotten into a phone argument with his mother.
“After he got off the phone he started fussing at the victim,” the arrest report said. “The argument soon got violent and Mr. Clubb started hitting the victim in her face. She also says that he shoved her.”
The police report said:
- Clubb chased his girlfriend to a neighbor’s residence, where he began hitting her again. The neighbor came out of her home and attempted to break up the fight, but she was struck “several times” in the face by Clubb.
- The alleged victim and neighbor were able to get away from Clubb, get inside the neighbor’s residence and lock Clubb outside. Clubb then went back to his mobile home nearby and began breaking out the windows with an aluminum pipe.
- The pregnant daughter of the neighbor who intervened exited her home to go to her boyfriend’s home nearby “because she was scared.” As she ran by Clubb’s home, he spotted her and “chased her down, tackling her to the ground.” The woman’s boyfriend came outside, and Clubb began striking him with the pipe, causing a laceration to his hand.
- When the intervening neighbor left her home to check on her daughter, Clubb also “tackled her to the ground.”
- The brother of Clubb’s girlfriend arrived and was able to pull Clubb off the neighbor, according to police. At this time, officers also arrived on the scene and witnessed Clubb swinging at his girlfriend’s brother and the man attempting to defend himself.
“Mr. Clubb was very uncooperative and resisted arrest,” the report said. “Mr. Clubb was transported to the Erwin ER for his injuries. After he was cleared by the ER, he was then transported to the Unicoi County Jail without further incident.”
Clubb remained in jail as of Wednesday afternoon on $30,000 corporate bond. He is scheduled to appear in Sessions Court today.