Between Jan. 28 and Feb.7, law enforcement agents found meth labs or meth equipment and residue at four sites in Johnson City, including a room at the Fox Motel located on West Market Street. Seven people from Johnson City, Gray, Jonesborough and Elizabethton were indicted in March and later convicted.
According to a U.S. Attorney's Office news release, those convicted and their sentences were:
• Thomas Bugg, 52, Johnson City, 92 months in prison
• James Brandon Kimes, 27, Gray, 200 months in prison
• Stephen Eric Burgner, 32, Johnson City, 96 months in prison
• Monroe Eugene Lowe, 27, Jonesborough, 72 months in prison
• Allen Casey Story, 28, Johnson City, 60 months in prison
• Carla Nicole Lowe, 23, Elizabethton, 46 months in prison
• Terra Beth Bugg, 41, Watauga, 37 months in prison.
Law enforcement agencies participating in the investigation included the Washington County Sheriff’s Office, Drug Enforcement Administration, Johnson City Police Department, Elizabethton Police Department, Tennessee Highway Patrol, Tennessee National Guard Counter-Drug Intel, and the Kingsport Police Department.