no avatar

Update: Kingsport home blaze attributed to cooking fire

Rain Smith, NET News Service • Feb 19, 2014 at 3:32 PM

Authorities have cleared the scene and are now reporting there is no danger, adding no charges will be filed. The cause of the fire has been determined accidental due to unattended cooking.


KINGSPORT — Investigators were probing a gutted residence on Ashwood Avenue Wednesday morning, where reports of explosions and the possibility of dynamite forced evacuations of neighboring homes during a Tuesday night blaze.

Read more and view a full picture gallery at TimesNews.net.

Recommended for You