no avatar

Band uniforms damaged in sprinkler discharge at Crockett High

Staff Reports • Aug 21, 2013 at 11:18 AM

Several dozen marching band uniforms were soaked late Tuesday night when an electrical short triggered the sprinkler system in a storage room at David Crockett High School.

Washington County Schools Assistant Director William Flanary said the faulty wiring caused a small fire, which set off the fire suppression system, wetting the approximately 50 uniforms kept in the room.

The uniforms were removed Wednesday morning by staff and taken to be dry cleaned.

Flanary said the ceiling tiles in the storage room will have to be replaced, but otherwise, there was no damage to the room’s concrete floor or masonry block walls.

Crockett’s in-house electrician shut off the power to the room and is in the process of inspecting the wiring, Flanary said.

Recommended for You

    Johnson City Press Videos