ETSU releases parking update as garage opening set for October
Aug 19, 2013 at 3:50 PM
East Tennessee State University's new 1,200-space parking garage will not open until mid-October, and with numerous projects on campus as the new school year begins this week, officials have released a status update on parking.
• North Dossett Drive, which runs between Warf-Pickel Hall and Lucille Clement Hall, will be open to traffic on Thursday as freshmen arrive for move-in day.
• The new Jack Vest Drive, which now crosses from State of Franklin Road to J.L. Seehorn Drive, will opens Friday.
• Go Bucs Trail (formerly Jack Vest Drive), which runs parallel to State of Franklin Road behind Earth Fare, also will open Friday.
• Lot 21, which is the new lot behind Warf-Pickel Hall, will open Friday to provide parking for students, faculty and staff.
With the majority of classes beginning next Monday, David Collins, ETSU vice president for finance and administration, encouraged students to arrive on campus early and allow additional time for parking.
• The BUCSHOT Shuttle service will run from lot 22A as well as all other student parking areas. Lot 22A sits on the corner of Greenwood Drive and Go Bucs Trail behind Earth Fare.
• Overflow parking is available at Thomas Stadium on University Parkway and at BucVillage behind campus off Southwest Avenue. Shuttle services can be accessed in these areas, as well.
Collins encouraged students and employees to check the ETSU Detour page often for any additional information or weather-related changes.