no avatar

Familiar TV pitchman Bill McConnell suffers carbon monoxide poisoning at Kingsport paint shop

Rain Smith, NET News Service • Aug 2, 2013 at 4:28 PM

KINGSPORT — Kingsport businessman Bill McConnell was found unresponsive Friday morning in an office of his automobile paint shop, where fire department officials discovered elevated levels of carbon monoxide throughout the building. McConnell was transported from the East Stone Drive business, Bill McConnell Paint and Body Shop, to Holston Valley Medical Center by EMS. He was in stable condition late Friday morning. Kingsport Fire Department Deputy Chief Jim Everhart identified the potential source of the carbon monoxide as gas powered equipment in the garage area, which was not burning off properly. Kingsport Police Department Det. Randy Murray says foul play is not suspected, adding faulty air returns may have played a part in the incident.

Read more about McConnell's carbon monoxide incident at TimesNews.net.

Recommended for You

    Johnson City Press Videos