• UCMH board to weigh hospital proposals again Proposals from two of the region’s largest health care systems to acquire Unicoi County Memorial Hospital will once again be up the UCMH Board of Control’s consideration.
• Solution may keep Unicoi shelter open Although there may be some fine details to work out and final approval is required, the leaders of Unicoi County’s three governments feel they have a solution that would allow the Unicoi County Animal Shelter to continue to serve all of Unicoi County. • Johnson City Clinic's closed doors spark concerns over medical records Medical records, referrals and information on how Johnson City’s Castle Clinic plans to help patients with important requests appear to be, at least for now, out of reach for those once under the care of a doctor whose license has been suspended, who faces a slough of criminal charges and remains in a psychiatric hospital.
• Report: Johnson City man hit, tried to choke deputy A Johnson City man was arrested Wednesday after he allegedly struck a Carter County deputy and attempted to choke him.
• Rep. Matthew Hill temporarily taken off Tennessee Advisory Commission on Intergovernmental Relations House Speaker Beth Harwell has replaced Rep. Matthew Hill, R-Jonesborough, on the powerful Tennessee Advisory Commission on Intergovernmental Relations after appointing him to the position in April.
• Grand jury indicts 2 in Johnson City 'Tree Streets' home invasions A Washington County grand jury indicted two men this week on two home-invasion robberies that happened within days of each other in May.
• Walters State diamond produced rings for Campbell
Whether he was leaving his baseball coaching position at East Tennessee State to take over a junior college or retiring from said junior college, competitive Ken Campbell knew when to say win.
• Family counselor remembers Allison, Kulwicki Known as a sports writer and photographer within the sport of stock car racing, Grubba is also a Catholic priest who often served as counselor for the Allisons and fellow driver Alan Kulwicki.
• Free community concert; Jonesborough Bluegrass Series continues
The Johnson City Community Concert Band performs a free concert at Northeast State Community College on Saturday in the Wellmont Regional Center for the Performing Arts, located on the College’s main campus in Blountville, adjacent to the Tri-Cities Regional Airport.