Opinion Page Editor
The Latest From Robert Houk
- Don’t bet against the incumbent
- Sadly, outcome already is decided, but what will numbers be?
- Is it really about kids, tater tots or anti-Obama?
- Brace yourself: City races will soon be here
- Republicans have to find a way to get along better
- Campaigns, politics bring about trite metaphors and clichés
- Community center will be centerpiece of Johnson City
- Can Matthew Hill make it all the way to the top?
- Results of Democratic Primary both embarrassing, disappointing
- Donor money from outside 6th District helped support campaign
- Movies provide respite from ads
- Judge woes, sales tax hike, offended GOP extremists
- Lawsuit over Gray could change laws on annexation
- Thoughts on voter apathy, ‘dead air’ and recent deaths
- Have a bright idea you would like to pass on?
- Tim Jones knew how to push people without being pushy
- Commission’s ‘agenda’ part of a familiar pattern
- ‘Diamond Jubilee’ crutches helped us continue our trip in England
- Things are looking up for downtown JC — really
- Washington Co. commissioners have failed to deliver on top promises
- Mighty Mouth is a chicken; reflections on recent events
- Tennessee needs to roll out red carpet for filmmakers
- ‘Ghost voting’ may not be as spooky as it may sound
- Lawmakers didn’t show much empathy in session last week
- Overall brings star power, honest bluntness to campaign
- County lost three true leaders: Elliott, Cole and Bowers
- Construction causes headaches, frustrates merchants
- Debate brewing between NRA, legislators and business owners
- Democrats may need an actor to step up
- Remember a time when lawmakers would work together?