Opinion Page Editor
The Latest From Robert Houk
- We should all care that our leaders want to discuss our business without us
- Here we go again: reliving same day in Nashville
- So much rides on Haslam’s opinion on expansion
- Boss Hill pushes back on school voucher bill
- Campfield speaks up — we should be afraid
- Alexander understands showmanship, statesmanship
- Let us speak of dual seats, judgeships and school board elections
- Thoughts on city races, Boss Hill and Mouse’s Ear
- Local gas tax not answer for cities
- How well do you know the General Assembly?
- Liquor is a revenue builder for state’s towns
- Let’s do away with permits and wear our guns proudly
- House divided, the U.S. Postal Service and Elizabethton’s next manager
- Republicans must broaden base to have success
- Don’t bet against the incumbent
- Sadly, outcome already is decided, but what will numbers be?
- Is it really about kids, tater tots or anti-Obama?
- Brace yourself: City races will soon be here
- Republicans have to find a way to get along better
- Campaigns, politics bring about trite metaphors and clichés
- Community center will be centerpiece of Johnson City
- Can Matthew Hill make it all the way to the top?
- Results of Democratic Primary both embarrassing, disappointing
- Donor money from outside 6th District helped support campaign
- Movies provide respite from ads
- Judge woes, sales tax hike, offended GOP extremists
- Lawsuit over Gray could change laws on annexation
- Thoughts on voter apathy, ‘dead air’ and recent deaths
- Have a bright idea you would like to pass on?
- Tim Jones knew how to push people without being pushy