Johnson City Press Monday, August 3, 2015
SNEAK PEEK: Take a first look at our new site and tell us what you think. »
Regional & National

Smoke alarm saves family in Chattanooga fire

January 16th, 2012 11:59 am by Staff Report

Smoke alarm saves family in Chattanooga fire

CHATTANOOGA — Chattanooga firefighters credit working smoke alarms for saving the lives of an East Brainerd couple when a fire consumed their home early this morning.

Firefighters arrived at 1825 Skyline Drive around 3 a.m. to find flames shooting through the roof, fire department spokesman Bruce Garner said.

Officials said the blaze had spread through into the attic, then rapidly spread across the top of the house.

comments powered by Disqus