Johnson City Press Wednesday, July 29, 2015
SNEAK PEEK: Take a first look at our new site and tell us what you think. »
Local News

Report: Cigarette caused Butler truck fire

November 7th, 2011 4:34 pm by Staff Report

BUTLER — A fire that destroyed a 1998 Ford F150 pickup truck was believed to have been caused by a cigarette.
The owner of the truck, Tammy M. Velazquez, 31, 697 Sugar Hollow Road, told Deputy Brian Smithpeters of the Carter County Sheriff’s Department that she and her family were asleep on Friday when she heard an explosion. She looked outside and saw her truck on fire.
She woke her husband and children and rushed them outside, then called 911.
Smithpeters reported that Mike Walsh, chief of the Elk Mills/Poga Volunteer Fire Department was on the scene and he thought the fire was caused by a cigarette that fell onto the floorboard or ashes from a cigarette that fell on the floor.

comments powered by Disqus