Johnson City Press Tuesday, July 28, 2015
SNEAK PEEK: Take a first look at our new site and tell us what you think. »
Regional & National

House fire may have started when dog urinated on power strip

October 7th, 2011 6:32 am by Staff Report

BRICEVILLE — A dog with a habit of urinating on a power strip may have sparked a blaze that burned down a Briceville area home Monday night, according to an Anderson County Sheriff's Department report.

But the dog may also have saved his owner's life because the animal "kept coming to the bed to wake him up," according to Sgt. David Davis's report.

Tenant Jacob Davis said when he got out of bed, he saw black smoke coming from behind a couch.

comments powered by Disqus