Johnson City Press Monday, July 27, 2015
SNEAK PEEK: Take a first look at our new site and tell us what you think. »

Local News

Standoff arose when women wouldn’t take city man to mall

August 8th, 2011 11:56 pm by Madison Mathews

A city man who entered into a 30-minute standoff with police after allegedly threatening to kill his wife and two others with a hunting bow and arrow Saturday after they refused to take him to the mall appeared in court Monday.
Robert K. McIntyre, 53, 2819 Emory Lane, Lot 37, is charged with two counts of aggravated assault, one count of aggravated domestic assault and unlawful possession of a firearm. He was arraigned in Washington County Sessions Court on those charges.
McIntyre was jailed in the Washington County Detention Center on a $76,000 bond. His next court appearance is scheduled for Aug. 16 at 1:30 p.m.
McIntyre’s arrest stems from a domestic disturbance that occurred at his residence Saturday afternoon in which he had threatened to kill his wife, Trina G. McIntyre, 55, and two others, Leslie A. Hall, 28, and Lisa K. Light, 43, with a bow and arrow before they reportedly ran from the mobile home.
According to the police report, Mrs. McIntyre had gone to her husband’s residence in order to pick up some belongings. When she arrived, she found her husband sitting on the front porch drinking an alcoholic beverage.
McIntyre reportedly cursed at her, saying that he wanted her to take him to the mall, but Mrs. McIntyre told him that she wasn’t going to because he was intoxicated.
McIntyre then began screaming at his wife and made several threats toward her, police said. Mrs. McIntyre then called Light, but her husband reportedly unplugged the phone.
Both Light and Hall arrived at the mobile home after calling Mrs. McIntyre’s cell phone. Before their arrival, McIntyre had gone to his bedroom to retrieve some knives.
At that point, police said McIntyre became enraged at the three women because they refused to take him to the mall. He reportedly told them that they needed to leave or he was going to kill them, saying that his wife “would be the first to die.”
All three were able to get out of the mobile home, but McIntyre came outside and pointed the bow and arrow at them, threatening “to kill them all,” police said.
When officers arrived and requested that McIntyre come outside, he reportedly shut the door and refused to leave his residence.
Police were able to contact McIntyre by phone and convinced him to surrender, according to the police report.
After taking McIntyre into custody, police seized the bow and arrow, a .22 caliber long rifle and a large amount of ammunition from the mobile home.

comments powered by Disqus