Johnson City Press Saturday, August 1, 2015
SNEAK PEEK: Take a first look at our new site and tell us what you think. »

John Thompson

Elizabethton Bureau Chief
Read More From John Thompson

Follow me on:

Local News

Second arrest made in home invasion robbery case

July 27th, 2011 8:31 am by John Thompson

ELIZABETHTON — A second man has been arrested following an investigation of the April 28 alleged robbery at the residence of Kristen Treadway on County Garden Road in Johnson City.
Dantez Markay Watterson-Jones, 19, Morristown, was arrested Saturday by Danny Wilson of the Carter County Sheriff’s Department after Watterson-Jones was turned over from the custody of the Washington County Sheriff’s Department. He was charged with aggravated burglary, robbery and theft of property and is scheduled to answer the charges in Sessions Court on Aug. 30.
Dshannon Clarence Goins, 21, 1000 University Blvd., Kingsport, had already been arrested on the same charges in June and is scheduled to appear in Sessions Court on Aug. 1.
Treadway told Investigator Brad Johnson that she and her child were asleep at 2 a.m. April 28 when she heard a noise from downstairs at the back door. She said her apartment had previously been broken into April 22 and she had moved her refrigerator against the damaged door to keep it shut.
After hearing the noises, Treadway went downstairs and saw three men attempting to get through the damaged door behind the refrigerator. She said she heard one of the men say “she seen us.” Treadway said the voice caused her to immediately recognize one of the men as Watterson-Jones, a man she had known for several years and who had been to her home.
The three men approached Treadway. She said Goins forced her to the floor while Watterson-Jones went upstairs. She said Goins asked her where she kept her money and drugs.
When Watterson-Jones came downstairs, all three men left the apartment. Treadway was able to identify Goins from a photo lineup. She did not know the third man. She said the only thing the men took was a cell phone, valued at $50.

comments powered by Disqus