My New Favorites
1. A Low Country Shrimp Boil will be served at the Jonesborough Days kickoff dinner, which will be held on Thursday, July 3, from 5-7 p.m. at the International Storytelling Center. The evening includes entertainment by the Jonesborough Novelty Band and The Beach Nite Band and the menu features shrimp, sausage, corn, potatoes, zucchini, crawfish and fruit cobblers for dessert. Tickets $12 and can be purchased at the Historic Jonesborough Visitors Center or the International Storytelling Center.
2. My New Favorites is the union of five musicians who play a fusion of old time, bluegrass, rock, gospel, jazz and classical. They will play at Laurel Marina on South Holston Lake tonight from 7-10 p.m. No cover. For more information, visit www.laurelmarina.com.
3. Sol Driven Train will perform at the Willow Tree Coffeehouse and Music Room on Saturday at 9 p.m. Admission $10. The versatile 5-piece band, based in Charleston, S.C., features rotating lead vocalists, and multi-instrumental talent spread across horns, strings and percussion. They combine rich varieties of American pop and folk music into their own port-town sound. email@example.com
4. Roan Mountain State Park will host its annual Independence Day Celebration on Saturday at the Campground Pavilion. Events will start at 9 a.m. with a bike decorating competition and end after a campfire featuring stories, riddles and s’mores. Other events include a sack race, a water balloon toss, a watermelon eating contest and a concert with live music by John Bland. Programs are free of charge and activities are for all ages. In the event of inclement weather, live music and entertainment will be held at Shelter 3.
5. At 9 tonight the Willow Tree Coffeehouse and Music Room will host a performance by contemporary folk musicians Woody Pines. Admission is $5. Woody Pines continues to forage through the secret world of old 78s and to write new chapters in the Anthology of American Music. Integrating sounds from Leadbelly and Bob Dylan to Woodie Guthrie and Preservation Hall, Woody Pines belts out songs of fast cars, pretty women and hard luck with a distinctive vintage twang. firstname.lastname@example.org powered by Disqus