1. HUNT FOR LOST MALAYSIA JET EXPANDS AGAIN
More search planes are focusing on a larger area of the south Indian Ocean where French radar detected potential debris from Flight 370.
2. PRO-RUSSIAN FORCES HOLD UKRAINIAN OFFICER
Col. Yuliy Mamchur, commander of the Belbek Air Force base near Sevastopol, was "abducted" after the forces seized the base, Ukraine President Oleksandr Turchynov said.
3. WHAT'S KEEPING SOME FROM 'OBAMACARE' ENROLLMENT
Many of the uninsured simply still don't know much about the health overhaul and its March 31 deadline for signing up in plans that can yield discounts, researchers say.
4. SUPREME COURT TO WEIGH NEW HEALTH LAW CASE
Justices will hear arguments this week in a religion-based challenge from family-owned companies that object to providing contraceptives in their health plans.
5. WHY SEARCH FOR MUDSLIDE SURVIVORS IS PERILOUS
"We have this huge square-mile mudflow that's basically like quicksand," said Travis Hots, a fire chief from Snohomish County, where the landslide killed at least 4 people and left 18 missing.
6. SPILL SHUTS BUSY HOUSTON SHIP CHANNEL
A barge that collided with another vessel and dumped up to 168,000 gallons of tar-like oil has forced the closure of the waterway, the Coast Guard said.
7. WHERE WWII WARPLANE WILL MAKE RETURN FLIGHT
A restored Douglas C-47 aircraft will fly from a western New York museum to France, where it will once again drop paratroopers as part of the 70th anniversary observance of D-Day.
8. 'WE HAVE VIKING BLOOD IN OUR VEINS'
That's one reason Keith Lobban and fellow Shetland Islanders want greater autonomy from Scotland, even as Scotland considers leaving Britain.
9. HOW KIDS ARE LEARNING SIGNS OF STROKE
In an experimental New York City program, students make funny faces and speak gibberish as part of a serious lesson to help them understand the telltale clues of a stroke.
10. WILDCATS END WICHITA STATE'S PURSUIT OF PERFECTION
Andrew Harrison scores 20 as Kentucky holds off the top-seeded Shockers 78-76 in the NCAA tourney.comments powered by Disqus