OGDEN, Utah — Two dogs were narrowly rescued by firefighters in a house fire Wednesday evening near 800 North and Liberty Avenue.
Firefighters arrived on scene just after 7 p.m. to find the kitchen of the home ablaze and immediately went inside to rescue the dogs, said Ogden Fire Captain Dennis Gay. The owners of the house, a middle aged couple, were away from the house during the fire.
Both dogs were treated for smoke inhalation and in stable condition as of Tuesday night. Each was treated with an oxygen mask the city fire department acquired just earlier this month from a private citizen's donation. The gear likely saved the animals' lives, Gay said.
"We just barely put them on our rigs and we got to use them tonight," he said, noting firefighters initially thought the dogs had died.Read more about the rescue from our partners at the Standard-Examiner. comments powered by Disqus