East Tennessee State University officials confirmed today that a dining services employee was indeed diagnosed with bacterial meningitis.
Family members told ETSU that the employee had been released from the hospital. He was expected to be cleared to return to work sometime in February.
ETSU had announced the possible case last week, saying the man did not prepare or serve any food on campus or come into direct contact with students.
On Thursday, ten employees who had contact with the infected man days earlier were screened by ETSU University Health Services. All were dubbed low risk, ETSU officials said in the release.comments powered by Disqus