In case you missed these posts, here are eight items worth reading today on JohnsonCityPress.com:
• Man says he was denied entry to Justice Center due to service dog. A Johnson City man who claims he was denied entry into the George P. Jaynes Justice Center because of his service dog said the situation should have never happened.
• Johnson City police officer injured in two-vehicle wreck. A Johnson City police officer received non-life-threatening injuries in a vehicle crash late Friday, according to the Tennessee Highway Patrol.
• Grand jury indicts one in alleged drive-by shooting in Erwin. A man arrested in November for allegedly committing a drive-by shooting in Erwin was indicted by a Unicoi County grand jury Friday.
• Happy Valley celebrates 40th anniversary of state title. It was a time for celebration Friday night on Warrior Hill. Forty years after winning the Tennessee Class S state basketball title, members of the 1974 Warriors were presented with their old jerseys and new championship rings to honor their accomplishment.
• Sons of Confederate Veterans chief to speak at Lee-Jackson Day dinner. Michael Givens may have never met Gen. Robert E. Lee, but the historic Confederate Army leader is a hero in his eyes.
• Unicoi County school closed by sinkhole goes up for sale. At Thursday’s meeting of the Unicoi County Board of Education, the board unanimously voted to have Love Chapel Elementary School building that was closed by a sinkhole and the surrounding Unicoi County Schools District-owned land on which it sits declared as surplus property.
• Cranberries Café: Great cuisine, gracious ambience. There are many restaurants that offer great cuisine, and many that feature gracious ambience. Johnson City is truly fortunate having Cranberries Café, a bistro-style restaurant that does both equally well.
• WCSO K9s placed under protection. Four Washington County sheriff’s officers received some extra protection, and it will come in handy considering they’re usually the first ones to enter a building where a suspect is hiding.