East Tennessee State University and General Shale Natural History Museum Visitor Center and Gray Fossil Site.
Here are five things to check out this weekend:
• The Johnson City Public Library will host a Family Contra Dance on Sunday at 2 p.m. in the Jones Meeting Room, featuring the Empty Bottle String Band. For more information, call 434-4458.
• Johnson City alternative rock band, Killing Abraham, will release their self-titled album at Capones, 227 E. Main St. tonight at 9. For more information, call 928-2295.
• Umoja Festival committee members will hold a “ ‘70s and ‘80s Soul Train Throw Back Party” Saturday from 8 p.m.-midnight at The Charles, 308 E. Main St. Tickets for the event are $25 per person and $40 per couple. To purchase tickets call Money Services at 929-3615, Craig’s Crown Cutz at 434-2158 and Joe Bradley at 483-2062.
• “Lone Survivor,” a movie based on a true story of four Navy SEALs on a covert mission in Afghanistan, is showing at Carmike 14 at 8 p.m. For more information call Carmike 14 at 929-7155.
• Tour the East Tennessee State University and General Shale Natural History Museum Visitor Center and Gray Fossil Site this weekend. The museum is open today and Saturday from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. For more information, call 439-3659 or 866-202-6223.