• Carver Recreation Center, 322 W. Watauga Ave., will host a Halloween Festival from 6-9 p.m. Kids in costume will be admitted for $1; all others $3. Game tickets will be available for 50 cents. This event is open to all ages and will feature a “King and Queen” contest, inflatables, football toss, basketball shoot, dart throw and much more. Call 461-8830 for more information.
• Memorial Park Community Center, 510 Bert St., invites citizens to celebrate Halloween at the center, with two special events:
— Chills and Thrills Trunk or Treat for all ages, 5-7 p.m. Bring the family and enjoy a little trick-or-treat fun in the parking lot, arts and crafts activities, a costume contest (6 p.m.) and warm apple cider. A pumpkin carving station will also be available for $1 per pumpkin.
— Monster Mash Teen Dance for ages 13-17, 7-9 p.m. Admission is $5 per person. Enjoy music provided by a local DJ with a few Halloween favorites thrown in the mix. Drop-off at 7 p.m.; pick-up no later than 9 p.m. Call MPCC at 434-5750 for more information.
• Mall-O-Ween at The Mall at Johnson City will be held from 5-8 p.m. The event includes trick-or-treating and a costume contest.
• Ghosts and goblins will be roaming Walnut Street in Johnson City during the annual Trick or Treat on Walnut Street event from 3:30-5 p.m. All of Walnut Street will be participating, but the street will be closed to car traffic from Southwest Avenue to University Parkway. For more information, call 461-4550.
• Talking Heads Halloween Costume Contest will be held during Trick or Treat on Walnut Street, from 3-5:30 p.m. (winners announced at 5:30) at the Acoustic Coffeehouse’s Next Door venue, 15 W. Walnut St. Public admission is $5, all ages welcome. First place wins $50. Be judged by the weird and fabulous family of “Talking Heads.” This contest is to raise public art funds for Southside Neighborhood (aka the Tree Streets) for a bike-inspired art project. For more information, call 833-8474, email email@example.com or visit www.facebook.com/artlandiajc.
• Halloween Haunts & Happenings will be held on Main Street in downtown Historic Jonesborough from 6-8 p.m. This free event includes games, ghost stories, a costume contest and trick-or-treating.